Saturday, March 30, 2013

Barbecue Sauce (Sugar Free!)

One of the things I love most in this world (well, besides my husband and kids) is barbecue!  Last year when my husband and I were doing our cleanse one of the things we craved was barbecue so I had to come up with a sugar free barbecue sauce.  Well, I think I did a pretty darn good job and I hope you do too!


2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce (no salt added)
2 T. spicy mustard
4 T. pineapple juice
1 1/2 t. chili powder
1 1/2 t. smoked paprika
1 t. garlic powder
2 t. onion powder
2 t. cumin
1 t. Bragg's liquid amino acids (or soy sauce)
1/2 t. salt (or more to taste)
2 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. white vinegar
1 T. tomato paste
1/2 t. black pepper
1/2 t. crushed red pepper
2 T. applesauce (unsweetened)

Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for 30-45 minutes.  Adjust salt and pepper to taste.

This can easily be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.

Makes about 2 cups (249 calories for entire recipe) according to my calculator on loseit.com

2 comments:

Brenda said...

How many servings & calories is this?

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.