Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Jack Stack Baked Beans

If you live in Kansas City you know about Jack Stack Barbecue.  Heck, if you DON'T live in Kansas City you might know about Jack Stack Barbecue.  It is an icon and for good reason.  They have some of the best bbq in these parts.  Those lamb ribs, that cheesy corn, those scrumptious beans <insert mouth watering here>.  I found the recipe for their beans on the Food Network website and made them for a family gathering a couple of weeks ago.  I was impressed that they actually did taste like the beans at the restaurant!  These would be perfect for your Memorial day picnic.

Jack Stack Baked Beans (foodnetwork.com)

1 (32 oz.) can pork and beans
1 c. chopped burnt ends (bacon would be good here too)
1 c. BBQ sauce (I used Jack Stack original)
5 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
1 T. chili powder
1 t. liquid smoke
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. water

Combine all ingredients in a 4 quart saucepan.  Over medium heat bring beans to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.  Cook beans for 20 minutes or until thick, soupy consistency is reached.  Serve.  

Note:  I made these beans the day before and stuck the whole pot in my fridge after they cooled.  I reheated them at my sister-in-law's house and they were perfect!

Please note:  If you live in Kansas City you can find Jack Stack burnt ends at Costco. 

6 servings (275 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com (this will vary depending on your burnt ends or bacon and bbq sauce)

No comments: