Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup

I know how easy it is to open a can of soup.  I do.  Stay with me here.  I KNOW there are some days when it's all you can do to get dinner on the table.  I. get. it.  But, for those days when you have a little extra pep in your step and want to make homemade cream of chicken soup to go in the recipe you're making for dinner, I have the recipe for you!  It is so easy and comes together in about 5 minutes.  I promise!  

Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup (adapted from sixsistersstuff.com)

3/4 c. chicken broth
1/4 t. poultry seasoning
1/8 t. onion powder
1/8 t. garlic powder
1/8 t. black pepper
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. dried parsley
Dash of paprika
3/4 c. skim milk, divided
1/3 c. all purpose flour

In a small saucepan combine chicken broth, spices and 1/4 c. milk.  Bring to a boil and simmer for two or three minutes.  In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 c. milk and flour.  Add to the chicken broth mixture and whisk briskly until the mixture thickens.  

Makes the equivalent of 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can soup (226 calories for the entire recipe) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: