Sunday, September 15, 2013

Banana Fig Smoothie

As you've probably figured out, we like to make smoothies at our house.  It's a great way to get fruit into kids (especially fruits they wouldn't normally eat out of hand).  For example, my 8 year old does not like bananas but if I put them in a smoothie he will drink it!  Win!  I picked up some figs at Trader Joe's last time I was there and I wanted to try a smoothie so I found this super easy one and made it over the weekend.  It was thick, creamy and perfectly sweet (with no added sweetener) and SO easy to put together.  You do have to slice and freeze the bananas overnight (they act as the ice cubes here) but, other than that, it is easy, peasy!  Enjoy!

Banana Fig Smoothie (adapted from allrecipes.com)

2 bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen overnight (I cut mine up and put them in a freezer bag)
6 fresh figs, halved
3/4 c. skim milk
3/4 c. orange juice

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth!  Serve!

3 servings (183 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: