Monday, September 30, 2013

Pesto Ranch Chicken

If you are looking for an easy (and I mean EASY) chicken dish to make in the crock pot this is the one you need.  This has only a few ingredients but packs a HUGE flavor punch.  I was gone over the weekend so I made it ahead and left it for my guys at home.  They loved it and I hope you do too!

Pesto Ranch Chicken (adapted from picky-palate.com)

8-10 bone in, skin off chicken pieces (I used legs but you could use thighs or even a whole chicken cut up)
Salt and pepper
1 (6 oz.) jar basil pesto (or make your own
1 package ranch seasoning mix (or make your own)
2 lb. baby yukon gold potatoes, quartered
1/2 c. chicken broth

Place chicken pieces in the slow cooker (I used a 6 qt.) and season with salt and pepper.  Spread half the pesto on top of the chicken and sprinkle half of the ranch seasoning on top.  Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.  Dollop the rest of the pesto on top of the potatoes and sprinkle the remaining ranch seasoning on top.  Pour in the chicken broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.

Yields 4-6 servings - mine made 5 servings because I used 10 chicken legs (586 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: