Saturday, November 16, 2013

Broccoli Corn Casserole

Friends, there are some old recipes that can't be changed and also can't be forgotten on my family's Thanksgiving table.  One of those recipes is broccoli corn casserole.  It is not gourmet but it is delicious and a particular favorite of my sister-in-law (my husband's sister), Sarah!  Hi Sarah!  In my family, my sister, Kari, is always the one who supplies this yummy goodness.  Hi Kari!  This is another recipe for which I do not know the origin.  I hope you guys enjoy!

Broccoli Corn Casserole  


1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 c. chicken in a bisket crackers, crushed (about 25 crackers)
10 oz. frozen chopped broccoli, steamed and drained
1 (16 oz.) can cream style corn
1 (7 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 t. pepper

Preheat the oven to 350.  Mix the butter with the cracker crumbs and reserve 1/2 cup.  Mix remaining crumbs with broccoli, cream style corn, corn kernels and pepper.  Spread into a shallow 1 1/2 qt. baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Top with remaining crumbs and for 30 minutes.

8 servings (217 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

1 comment:

telesma said...

I had originally gotten this recipe out of a Taste of Home Annual. It would have been one from the late 1990's or early 2000's, and it would have appeared in ToH magazine at some point in the year of the annual.