Monday, July 28, 2014

Greek Salad

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite salad recipes.  This Greek salad makes a great side dish for any time of the year, plus you can add a little chicken and make it a main dish salad.  This time when I made it I added the chicken and put the salads and dressing in individual containers for lunches but you could serve it as one big salad (with or without the chicken) from a big bowl too!  I just love having things ready to go in my fridge for lunch because it makes my decision for me and I don't end up eating this and that and not knowing exactly what I ate and exactly how MUCH I ate!  Enjoy!

Greek Salad 


For the salad:

10 oz. romaine lettuce, chopped
10 oz. baby spinach
1/2 c. feta cheese, crumbled
4 green onions, sliced
24 kalamata olive, pitted
32 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and diced
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast roasted (I roast mine in the oven with a small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 375 for 30-40 minutes.  Let cool then chop!)

For the dressing:

1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 t. Dijon mustard
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

For the salad:

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.

For the dressing:

Place all ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid, cover and shake to combine.  Pour over the salad and serve!

4 main dish servings (571 calories each serving according to my calculator on loseit.com)
8 side dish servings (without chicken at 221 calories each serving according to my calculator on loseit.com)

No comments: