Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Corn Salad

A few weeks ago my sweet friend Emily gave me some corn from her parents' farm so I knew I had to do something delicious with it!  Well, lucky for me, my friend Paula was out of town (not that I WANT Paula to be out of town....just go with me here) and I was watering her plants for her and she grows basil!  She told me to help myself to some basil while she was gone so I did!  Corn and basil!  I have THE BEST friends!  This salad is so simple and really doesn't need much done to it for great flavor.  My husband grilled the corn for me and I shaved it off the cob but you could also boil it and it would be delicious too!  The key is fresh, not frozen in this recipe!  Enjoy!

Corn Salad (adapted from foodnetwork.com)

6 ears corn, cooked in the method of your choice and cooled (grill, boil, broil)
1/4 c. sliced green onions
1/2 c. fresh basil, chopped
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
3 T. apple cider vinegar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.  Allow the flavors to meld for an hour or two in the fridge then serve!  We had this with BLTs and it was divine!

6 servings (175 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: