Monday, August 4, 2014

Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad

Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad.  This salad should be called "best fruit salad I ever ate" or "I couldn't even converse with my guests when I was eating this salad" or "most addictive salad ever" or "I can't believe I ate the whole bowl salad."  Seriously.  This salad was so good that, while we were eating it, (with good friends, might I add) we were all so in awe of it that we were barely talking to each other.  This makes a HUGE bowl of fruit.  So much so that when I put it on the table for just four of us our friends were like, "did you make enough fruit Shel!?"  We ate almost the whole bowl in one sitting.  It really is that good.  You must make it.  And make it when you're home alone so you don't have to share!

Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad (adapted from cookingclassy.com)

1 lb. fresh strawberries, diced
1 lb. fresh pineapple, diced
1 pint fresh blueberries
12 oz. green grapes (or red, if you prefer), halved
1 (15 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
2 nectarines, pitted and diced
1/4 c. honey
Zest and juice of 1 lime

Add all the fruit to a large serving bowl.  This can be done ahead and stored in the fridge.  In a small bowl whisk together the honey, lime zest and lime juice.  This, too can be done ahead and left covered on the counter until time to serve.  Just before serving pour the honey mixture over the fruit and toss to coat.  

Please note:  you can use any fruit you like in this salad.  I used what I like and what I had on hand but bananas, kiwis, raspberries or peaches would be great too! 

I'm saying this makes 8 servings because it makes me sound better but in my world it only served about 4! (170 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: