Thursday, September 18, 2014

Apricot Rosemary Chicken Thighs

I know.  I posted a slow cooker recipe yesterday.  I know.  However, that was beef and this is chicken and that was then and this is now!  Plus, you'll be glad you made this recipe which contains only six ingredients INCLUDING salt and pepper.  Yes, I know I posted a slow cooker recipe yesterday but this sweet, savory chicken will make that all okay.  I promise.

Apricot Rosemary Chicken Thighs (adapted from Cooking Light, September 2014)

1/3 c. apricot preserves
1 1/2 T. white wine vinegar
1 t. dried rosemary
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
8 bone in, skin off chicken thighs

In a small bowl place the apricot preserves, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper.  Microwave on high for 1 minute then whisk to combine.  Place the chicken thighs in a 4 or 6 qt. slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray and spread the preserve mixture evenly over each chicken thigh.  Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.  I served this with Roasted Almond Couscous!

4 servings (284 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried this and it was quite yummy! I served it over red potatoes. I added some garlic powder and onion powder to cut the sweet a little more and it was great! Thanks :)