Monday, September 8, 2014

Banana Apple Chunk Bread

Can it be fall now??!!  I asked this question on my facebook page last week and got a resounding yes!!!  So, on Labor Day, I made this new (to me) version of banana bread which includes apples and, wait for it.......butterscotch chips!!  Apples and butterscotch chips!  That says fall to me, people!  See, I'm not a big fan of nuts in my bread so I tend to add chocolate chips a lot of times, because, CHOCOLATE!  But, I had these butterscotch chips in my pantry from some other recipe and thought it might be good and it was!  If you don't have the butterscotch chips feel free to leave them out or add walnuts in place of the butterscotch chips (if you like that sort of thing.)  Enjoy!

Banana Apple Chunk Bread (adapted from fitsugar.com)

3 medium overripe bananas
1 apple, diced into small pieces
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 3/4 c. white whole wheat flour
1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. butterscotch chips (or walnuts), if desired

Preheat the oven to 350.  Spray a 9" loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.  Peel the bananas, place them in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork.  Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine.  Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool in the pan for 15 minutes then place on a baking rack to cool completely before slicing and serving!

10 servings (216 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: