Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sauteed Bok Choy

Last week I was looking for an easy side dish that wasn't full of complicated flavors to go with a Vietnamese Caramel Chicken recipe (which I will share tomorrow!)  I was having a hard time finding something that I thought would work so I just came up with it on my own!  The result was a perfect match for the dish and would be great with any Asian dish you are cooking up!  The spice from the crushed red pepper and the little bit of acidity from the lime juice at the end really makes this dish pop!  I hope you enjoy!

Sauteed Bok Choy

1 T. extra virgin olive oil
6 c. bok choy, cut into bite sized pieces
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. crushed red pepper (more if you like it spicier)
Juice of 1 lime

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add the bok choy, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper and saute until the greens are slightly wilted and the whites are crisp tender, about 7-10 minutes.  Just before serving add the lime juice.  

6 servings (32 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: