Thursday, June 11, 2015

Cheesy Crustless Quiche with Bacon

Last weekend my in-laws were in town to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary. It was a fun weekend with them, my sister-in-law and her husband. We hung out, talked, ate (too much) food and just generally enjoyed being together. On Saturday morning I made brunch: quiche, fruit salad and cinnamon roll cake. My mom used to make this quiche recipe when I was growing up and we also used it for a bridesmaid's brunch before my wedding. It's quite simple to make because you just brown up some bacon (which you can do the night before) then mix everything together and bake it. I doubled the recipe to make a 9x13 pan since we had a larger group to feed, but the recipe I'm sharing today is for a regular 9" pie plate. Like my in-law's marriage, this recipe has stood the test of time and will continue to be a family favorite for many generations to come!

Cheesy Crustless Quiche with Bacon


1 (8 oz.) package light cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
5 large eggs, well beaten
1 1/4 c. fat free half and half
1/4 t. onion powder
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
2 t. melted butter
1/2 lb. bacon, chopped into pieces and sauteed until browned then drained

Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl stir together the cream cheese and cheddar until the cream cheese is smooth and the cheddar is incorporated into the cream cheese. Add the eggs, half and half, onion powder, pepper, salt, breadcrumbs, butter and bacon and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared pie plate and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the quiche is set and lightly browned. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.

6 servings (257 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: