Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Cups

I made these chicken cups for a game night with friends on Saturday and we all really liked them.  We did agree that they needed more bbq sauce so I am adding more next time I make them.  I used 1/4 c. the other night but we all agreed 1/2 c. would make them better!  If you want less bbq flavor feel free to use 1/4 c.!  I used chipotle bbq sauce but any spicy bbq sauce would be great!  You definitely want one with a little heat to offset the sweetness of the pineapple.  Enjoy!

Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Cups (adapted from skinnymom.com)

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I cooked mine in the crock pot with 1/4 c. chicken broth, salt and pepper)
1/2 c. crushed pineapple (I used canned, not in heavy syrup)
1/2 c. spicy bbq sauce
1 green onion, finely chopped
16 wonton wrappers
1 c. reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 400.  Mix chicken, pineapple, bbq sauce and green onion in a medium bowl (you could do this part ahead if you want).  Lightly spray 16 muffin cups with cooking spray and press one wonton wrapper into each cup.  Spoon the chicken mixture into each cup, splitting evenly.  Top the cups with shredded cheese and bake for 15 minutes.  Allow to sit in the pan for 5 minutes for easy removal.  Remove with a butter knife or offset spatula and serve!

16 cups (89 calories each cup) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: