Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ham and Cheese Quinoa Cups

Some of you may remember when I posted these BLT Quinoa Egg Cups back in August.  Many people have told me how much they liked them so when I came across these ham and cheese numbers I knew I had to give them a try.  I'm glad I did because they were delicious as well!  Ham, cheese and shredded zucchini (that's right, there's even a vegetable snuck in!) make these cups savory and delicious.  I made mine in a regular sized muffin cup but you could also make a mini version!  Enjoy!

Ham and Cheese Quinoa Cups (adapted from iowagirleats.com)

3/4 c. quinoa, cooked according to package directions and cooled
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 cup zucchini, shredded
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (sharp, mild, your choice!)
1/2 c. diced ham
1/4 c. parsley, chopped
2 T. Parmesan cheese, shredded
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Liberally spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and spoon mixture to the top of each cup. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown (if you undercook them you will not be able to get them out of the pan.)   Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.

12 servings (109 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: