Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Herb Roasted Chicken with Tomatoes

I know I post a lot of crock pot recipes on Shel's Kitchen, I really do.  I just can't help myself because it's so darn convenient!  Plus, there's the added bonus of not heating your kitchen in the summer and comfort food in the winter.  If you don't use your crock pot in the summer I encourage you to try it!  This is one of my all time favorite recipes because it is so easy and tasty.  The key here is smoked paprika.  It really makes a difference in the flavor of the chicken in a way that regular paprika cannot achieve.  Smoked paprika is readily available in the supermarket now - pick up a bottle and try this recipe.  You won't be disappointed!

Herb Roasted Chicken with Tomatoes (adapted from crockpot365.blogspot.com)

1 1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. black pepper
2 t. herbes de Provence (can also use Italian seasoning)
1 t. smoked paprika
8 chicken thighs, bone in, skin off
8 roma tomatoes
1/2 c. chicken broth

Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.  In a small bowl, combine dry spices and set aside. Place chicken pieces in the crock pot and sprinkle spices on top.  Place tomatoes on top of chicken and pour in chicken broth.  Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.  Serve over brown rice, if desired.

4 servings (269 calories each serving, excluding rice) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: