Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fiesta Lime Rice

This is the perfect side dish for tacos.  Or burritos.  Or enchiladas.  Well, I think you get my point.  Behold, the perfect Mexican side!  What's not to love?  Rice, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice.....oh my!

Fiesta Lime Rice (adapted from skinnytaste.com)

1 1/2 c. instant brown rice
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 c. frozen corn, heated (I heated mine in the microwave)
1 large tomato, diced
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
2 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
Salt, to taste

Prepare brown rice according to package directions.  When finished, add remaining ingredients, toss, season with salt and serve!  

This could easily be made ahead, refrigerated and brought to room temperature or be heated in the microwave before serving.

6 servings (187 calories each) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: