Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Guacamole Rice

All other rice dishes may cease to exist after you taste this rice.  It is delightful, delicious and de-lovely.  I may never make another Mexican side again.  What I'm saying is, if you have all the ingredients for this rice, get up and make it right now.  If you don't, stop what you are doing, go to the store, buy the ingredients, then make it right now!  You will not be disappointed!

Guacamole Rice (adapted from foxeslovelemons.com)

1 avocado, pitted, peeled and mashed
1 t. salt
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1 Roma tomato, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 c. diced white onion
1/4 t. cumin
2 c. instant brown rice, cooked according to package directions

In a medium bowl combine avocado, salt, garlic, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, onion and cumin and stir and mash to combine.  Add the hot, cooked rice and stir to combine.  Now go sit at the table and eat the entire bowl by yourself.  Or not, but that's what you'll WANT to do!  If you do, it's okay, I won't tell!

I did not make this ahead but I did reheat leftovers for lunch the next day and it worked fine.  I wouldn't make it too far in advance because the avocado will turn brown.

4 servings (145 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: