Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette

I love to make homemade salad dressing.  It always tastes so much more fresh AND I know exactly what I'm feeding my family.  This is an easy one to whip up in your food processor or blender.  I served it over a butter lettuce salad with grape tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives and avocado.  

Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (adapted from ourbestbites.com)

2 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
2 T. rice wine or white wine vinegar (I used rice wine vinegar)
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine.  

This can be made ahead and stored in the fridge.  

This makes about 6 tablespoons of dressing (258 calories for the full recipe) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: