Saturday, June 1, 2013

Layered Taco Dip

Truth:  I made this for a Memorial day picnic.  Truth:  I ate it for lunch leftover the next day.  Truth:  That is all I ate for lunch the next day.  It is that good.  I could eat it with a spoon.  I've never done that. <cough>  Grab a chip (or a spoon.  I'm just sayin') and eat up!

Layered Taco Dip (adapted from skinnytaste.com)

1 (8 oz.) package light cream cheese (not fat free)
1 c. light sour cream
16 oz. jar mild salsa (I used Herdez)
1/2 packet taco seasoning (or make your own.  You can find the recipe here.  This recipe makes 1 packet of taco seasoning blend so just make half for this dip.)
2 c. shredded iceberg lettuce
2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 c. reduced fat colby/jack cheese, shredded
1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced black olives

In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix with an electric mixer.  Spread on the bottom of a shallow glass dish.  Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and black olives.  Serve with tortilla chips!

Make this the same day you are going to eat it and store in the fridge until time to eat.  I wouldn't make it more than a few hours ahead or the lettuce will start to get soggy.

24 servings (59 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: