Sunday, July 28, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

The other morning I sent my husband out on a 10 mile run and I thought "hmmmmm.....what can I do to make his return a little sweeter?"  With the help of google I found this amazing smoothie that I whipped up in no time and he loved it!  Plus, it has good stuff in it that runners need (i.e. protein.)  My 8 year old liked it too!  Enjoy!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie (adapted from dairyfreecooking.about.com)

2 medium ripe bananas
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1/4 c. agave nectar (you can also use maple syrup or honey)
1/4 c. peanut butter (I used natural)
3 c. vanilla almond milk (you could also use skim milk and add a dash of vanilla extract)
1/2 c. ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!

4 servings (290 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: