Monday, August 26, 2013

Lemony Brown Rice

This is one of my go to side dishes for when I don't have time to think about side dishes or I forget to plan one (what?!)  I always have everything on hand and it is quick and easy to make.  Be warned this rice is VERY lemony (I love lemon.  I always say if I was stuck on a dessert island I'd want to have lemons with me.)  Anyway, if you don't like things too lemony just cut back on the lemon juice to your liking!  Enjoy!

Lemony Brown Rice (adapted from greek.food.com)

3 c. instant brown rice
6 T. extra virgin olive oil
3 t. salt
1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 1/2 c. water or chicken broth
1/4 c. parsley, chopped

Combine first five ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.  Cover and reduce heat to medium.  Cook for five minutes then turn the stove off and let the rice sit for 5 minutes.  Stir in chopped parsley and serve.

6 servings (176 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: