Monday, November 18, 2013

Easy Thanksgiving Centerpieces

Today, we take a break from cooking and focus on another very important part of Thanksgiving:  the centerpiece! I am not a fan of very complicated or fussy centerpieces so, for those of you who are, these will not appeal. However, for those who want something pretty and uncomplicated, these will be great! The most important thing is, do something easy, look around your house for what you already have that would make a great addition to your Thanksgiving table and have fun with it! Enjoy!

Easy Thanksgiving Centerpieces



This first centerpiece is made up of mini pumpkins that I hollowed out and then put little vases into and filled with flowers. I am not a fan of tablecloths (too fussy for me) so I just staggered them evenly down the middle of the table.


The second centerpiece is another mini pumpkin (this time striped) which is flanked on either side by a stemless wine glass filled with flowers. Stemless wine glasses make great vases (as do any small juice glasses you have on hand)! I brought home the beautiful scarf from Ethiopia when we brought our adopted son home. It made a perfect table runner!



This last one is probably one of my all time favorites! I took a big white platter and set candles and fresh fruit around it and then surrounded it with nuts and cranberries. You could make this big or small, round, rectangular or square depending on your platter and use as many different kinds of fruit or candles that you want! 


3 comments:

Nicki said...

Beautiful centerpieces! The Ethiopian scarf is GORGEOUS!

Shel said...

Thank you!

zerry ht said...

You have shared awesome party centerpieces and will try to replicate this for my next party. I am arranging a thanksgiving party and already done with booking a venue Houston TX. Hope to have a memorable party.