Monday, November 4, 2013

Skinny Pumpkin Pie

I'll bet you thought pumpkin week was over, didn't you?  Not so fast!  How could I let pumpkin recipes (not to mention the month of November) go by without sharing a pumpkin pie recipe?  This one is quick, easy and delicious!  The use of a store bought, frozen pie crust aids in that.  If you want to make your own pie crust knock yourself out but I have other things I can think of to do with my time.  One of which is spraying Reddi-whip into my 8 year olds mouth while we wait for the pie to cool.  Priorities, people.  Enjoy!

Skinny Pumpkin Pie (adapted from skinnytaste.com)

1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
2 T. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. light brown sugar, not packed
1/2 c. skim milk
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1/4 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla extract
1 frozen deep dish pie crust

Preheat the oven to 350.  Place the pumpkin in a large bowl.  Add the butter and mix well with an electric mixer.  Add the brown sugar, milk, egg, egg whites, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla and beat on medium speed until the mixture is smooth.  Pour the filling in the unbaked pie crust.  Bake 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.  Serve with whipped topping and enjoy!

8 pieces (234 calories each piece) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: