Sunday, December 22, 2013

Monster Bars

I love monster cookies!  These are perfect because they are in bar form (my favorite way to bake) and they are delicious!  There used to be a restaurant near me that served these delicious concoctions but it closed earlier this year.  Well, you can imagine my delight when I saw that the owner was selling some of her recipes, including these bars (my favorite!)  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Monster Bars (adapted from Chacko's Eatery)

1 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, at room temperature
4 large eggs
1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
1 t. vanilla extract
5 c. old fashioned oats
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. plain M&Ms 

Preheat the oven to 350.  Spray a 10X15 pan with baking spray and set aside.  In a large bowl cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs and mix well.  Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mixed until thoroughly combined.  Stir in the oats and baking soda until thoroughly combined.  Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms and stir to combine.  Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until the oats are lightly browned.  Cool then cut into bars.  (I cooled mine, cut them in squares, then refrigerated so they would come out of the pan nicely.)

32 bars (196 calories each) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: