Wednesday, January 29, 2014

PB&J Oatmeal Cookies

When I first found these cookies I shook my head in disbelief.  Four ingredient cookies that taste good and are healthy?  It has to be an anomaly.  I'm here to tell you, it's not!  These are quick to make, full of flavor and filling due to the oats and peanut butter.  I will admit, if you are looking for a super sweet dessert, this is not it.  However, these pack a flavor punch and they are delicious.  Perfect for breakfast, after school snacks or dessert.  Win!  Enjoy!

PB&J Oatmeal Cookies (adapted from skinnytaste.com)

2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
2 T. creamy peanut butter (I used natural)
1 c. uncooked old fashioned oats 
4 t. all fruit spread (such as Polaner), I used strawberry

Preheat the oven to 350.  Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

Combine the mashed bananas with the peanut butter in a medium bowl and stir to combine.  Add the oats and mix well.  Place batter by the heaping tablespoon onto the cookie sheet, making an indentation in the middle of each cookie.  Repeat until you have 16 cookies.  Place 1/4 t. fruit spread in the indentation of each cookie and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Allow to cool completely and serve!

16 cookies (48 calories each) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: