Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Butter Lettuce Salad with Fennel and Dried Blueberries

There is a restaurant where my husband and I like to have date nights (as often as possible) that, at one time, had a version of this salad on their menu.  Of course, we had it, loved it and then next time we went back they had changed the menu and they weren't serving it anymore!  Why does that always happen??!!  When that happened we decided never to go there for date night again.  I'M KIDDING!  No, we still like to go there but now I make my own version of this salad at home and you can too!  Enjoy!

Butter Lettuce Salad with Fennel and Dried Blueberries

12 oz. butter lettuce (I used Dole Butter Bliss)
1 fennel bulb, quartered, core removed and thinly sliced
1/2 c. dried blueberries
1/4 c. toasted sliced almonds
1/2 c. shaved Parmesan Cheese
5 T. extra virgin olive oil
5 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper

In a large bowl combine the lettuce, sliced fennel, dried blueberries, almonds and parmesan cheese.  Set aside while you make the dressing.  In a container with a tight fitting lid combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and shake to combine.  Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve!

8 side dish servings (168 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: