Saturday, February 15, 2014

Rosemary Ranch Chicken

Are you ready for a delicious and easy take on chicken in the crock pot?  Look no further, my friends!  I found this recipe from another mom blogger and she actually recommends grilling it (which will be delicious when our grills thaw) but I thought it would be tasty in the crock pot and, I was right, it was!  The secret is bottled ranch dressing.  Shhhhh.....don't tell!  Just mix it together with a few other ingredients, pour over the chicken (I used thighs) and set it on low for the day.  Voila!  Dinner, done!  I served this over quinoa but you could do any starch you want.  Just be sure to serve it over something to soak up the delicious sauce!  Enjoy!

Rosemary Ranch Chicken (adapted from mommacooks.net)

1/2 c. light ranch dressing
3 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. dried rosemary
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 t. lemon juice
1 t. white vinegar
4 bone in, skin off chicken thighs (or other cut of your choice)

In a medium bowl whisk together the ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, pepper, lemon juice and vinegar.  Set aside.  Place the chicken in a 4 or 6 qt. crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Pour the sauce over the chicken, distributing it evenly over each piece.  Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.  

4 servings (200 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

2 comments:

Tricia Wotipka said...

Hello! I was just curious if your adaptation of the recipe intended to exclude olive oil from the sauce?

Anonymous said...

We liked this! I reduced the chicken and added fresh garden veggies. I braised both sides of the chicken in 1T hot oil before adding to the crockpot. That helped the veggies and chicken get done at the same time.