Sunday, February 2, 2014

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin

A month or so ago a friend of mine posted a recipe on facebook for slow cooker pork tenderloin that sounded so good and I knew I had to try it (with my own twist, of course!)  Today I give you that recipe, however, I tried to go back and find her post and I couldn't find it so I can't give credit where credit is due!  I hope you'll try this!  The sauce is sweet, salty and savory all in one!  It would also be really delicious with chicken.  I served it with Parmesan Herb Brown Rice and Sauteed Brussels Sprouts but any number of things would make great sides for this!  Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin

1/4 c. low sodium soy sauce
1 T. whole grain mustard (use any mustard you like!)
2 T. molasses (could also use maple syrup, honey, agave or even brown sugar!)
2 T. dried minced onion
1 1/2 t. garlic powder
2 (1 lb.) pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat
Salt and pepper


In a 4 or 6 qt. slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray whisk together the soy sauce, mustard, molasses, minced onion and garlic powder.  Place the pork in the crock pot and season lightly with salt and pepper (don't use too much salt - the soy sauce is salty.)  Turn the pork tenderloins with tongs to coat.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.  Don't overcook or the pork will become dry!  Slice and serve with a drizzle of the sauce on top.

6 servings (191 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: