Thursday, March 13, 2014

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

This is a quick, easy recipe for peanut butter cookies that I got from my friend Lisa (hi, Lisa!) a while back.  When I asked her where she got this recipe she couldn't remember (she's had it for so long!) so I said, "you're getting the credit then!"  If I know Lisa, she is shaking her head at me riiiiiight......now!  This is my kind of baking.  One bowl.  Four ingredients.  28 delicious little cookies!  Enjoy!

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies (from Lisa Conaway)

1 c. sugar
1 large egg
1 c. peanut butter (I used natural)
1 t. vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350.  Prepare a cookie sheet with either cooking spray or parchment paper.  Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer.  Drop by tablespoons and flatten crosswise with a fork (I love this little trick!  My grandma used to do it too!)  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 28 cookies (86 calories each) according to my calculator on loseit.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have made these for years for Jim. Sometimes I add, choc chips, nuts, coconut flakes, or anything I might have on hand. Just fling a few in the batter. It makes for a 'different' cookie. He loves them no matter...because they are Gluten free. the store bought are expensive and not always tasty. thanks. Mrs. Larkin