Monday, March 10, 2014

Green Beans with Toasted Pine Nuts

I love green beans as a side.  They are so versatile and I always have a package of thin green beans in my freezer for a night when I haven't figured out a side or when I am making a meal for someone and I need a quick side to go with it.  This recipe is a wink and a nudge to a French recipe for Green Beans Almondine which is green beans with toasted almonds.  I thought I was going to make that when I discovered I had no sliced almonds on hand!  Plan B was this recipe and it turned out great!  Enjoy!

Green Beans with Toasted Pine Nuts 

1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 T. unsalted butter
1 lb. frozen thin green beans
Salt and pepper
2 T. toasted pine nuts

In a large skillet heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat.  Add the green beans and season them with salt and pepper.  Saute the green beans, tossing occasionally, until they are defrosted and heated through about 10 minutes.  When the green beans are done, sprinkle the pine nuts on top and serve!

4 servings (115 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: