Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Basil Pesto Mayonnaise

The other day I wanted to make a turkey sandwich but I didn't want to make just ANY turkey sandwich. I needed a little somethin' somethin' to make it more exciting.  I've been known to add pesto to sandwiches as a spread in the past but I thought it would be nice to make a pesto mayo to spread on that sandwich so I went looking for a recipe.  What I found was amazing!  Just four ingredients mixed together to make the tastiest spread for a sandwich.  I put this on both sides of a kaiser roll with turkey, havarti cheese and lettuce and I was in heaven!  I hope you are too!

Basil Pest Mayonnaise (from food.com)

1/2 c. mayonnaise (mayo with olive oil)
2 T. prepared basil pesto
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. white wine vinegar (could also use lemon juice)

Mix all ingredients together in a small container with an airtight lid and store in the fridge until ready to use.  This will keep for several days in the fridge. 

6 servings (88 calories each serving for 2 tablespoons) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: