Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork

You guys.  You know how much I love tacos (and really, all things Mexican food.)  You know we have taco Tuesday every week at our house.  You know I love to try new recipes.  This is a recipe that I will make again and again!  It makes a ton of taco meat, is super simple to put together and it tastes divine!  I had so much leftover after having tacos the first night that I ended up using this meat to make taquitos the next night and I had enough to make a full batch!  You can find the taquito recipe here.  I happened to have everything on hand for taquitos so it was really a no brainer.  If you don't want a bunch of leftovers feel free to make half of this recipe.  I imagine it would freeze really well too so if you make a full batch you could eat half now and half later!  Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork (adapted from crockpot365.blogspot.com)

1 (3 lb.) pork butt
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 T. cumin
1 T. coriander
1 T. chili powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
3 T. honey
4 garlic cloves, smashed
2 chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
1/2 c. orange juice

Place the pork butt in a 6 qt. crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Add the onion on top of the pork.  In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, chili powder and cinnamon.  Sprinkle the spice mixture all over the pork.  Add the honey, garlic cloves, chipotle pepper and orange juice.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.  Shred with two forks and serve with your favorite taco toppings!

24 servings (166 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: