Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sauteed Butter Thyme Mushrooms

I LOVE sauteed mushrooms.  They are the perfect topping for a grilled steak!  Okay, they are also just a great side by themselves but, oh my stars, put them on a steak and you're eating like a king!  These remind me of the mushrooms my mom used to make when I was growing up.  She wasn't a huge fan of mushrooms but my dad loved them and she would happily make (and eat them) with him!  She's a gem!  Enjoy!

Sauteed Butter Thyme Mushrooms (adapted from myrecipes.com)

1 T. unsalted butter
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. shallots, finely chopped
1 t. salt
2 t. dried thyme
2 (8 oz.) package pre-sliced white mushrooms
1/3 c. vegetable broth

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the butter and olive oil.  Once the butter is melted add the shallots and cook 3 minutes until tender.  Add the salt, thyme and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes, until the mushrooms are browned.  Add the vegetable broth, raise the heat to high and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 2 minutes.

4 servings (106 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: