Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lemon Pepper Tilapia

Those that know me know I LOVE two things.  Those two things are lemon and pepper.  In fact, I often say that if I was stuck on a desert island I would want lemons to be my foodstuff.  And pepper, well, I just can't say enough.  My husband has said many times that I am pepper happy (meaning, I use too much) but there is no using too much pepper in my world!  Needless to say, this dish uses both of those items in reckless abandon and I love it.  This isn't so much a recipe as it is a method.  Feel free to use as much or as little of the lemon and pepper as you wish.  If you just want a mild lemon flavor omit the zest and just use the juice at the end.  If you want it less peppery, well, use less pepper.  This would not only be good on fish but also on chicken or pork chops.  I broil the fish but you could grill or roast it too!  Enjoy!


Lemon Pepper Tilapia

4 (4 oz.) tilapia filets (could also use sole or mahi mahi)
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Zest and juice of 1 lemon

Place the oven rack on the top rung and preheat the broiler to high.  Place the tilapia filets on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray (I used a piece of foil on my baking sheet for easy clean up.)  Using a pastry brush, lightly brush each filet with olive oil.  Season each filet with salt, a generous amount of pepper and the lemon zest.  Broil for 5-7 minutes then squeeze the lemon juice over the top and serve!

4 servings (131 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: