Thursday, July 31, 2014

Quinoa Pilaf

Sometimes when I feel uninspired or unable to think about sides I take to the interwebs for inspiration.  Well, last week when I was trying to think of a quick and easy side to go with my Lemon Pepper Tilapia I did just that and I found this stunning little creation.  Of course, I took my own liberties with it and would love to share the finished product with you today!  Enjoy!

Quinoa Pilaf (adapted from foodnetwork.com)

1 c. quinoa
2 c. chicken or vegetable broth
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 c. green onion, sliced
1/4 c. parsley, minced
1/4 c. sliced almonds, toasted

Cook the quinoa in the broth according to the package directions, seasoning with salt and pepper.  A few minutes before the quinoa is finished cooking add the green onions.  When the quinoa is done add the parsley and sliced almonds and serve!

4 servings (197 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: