Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mexican Hominy

I may have mentioned a time or two how much I love hominy.  Today I have the perfect hominy dish to serve with your taco Tuesday and it is easy to whip up in about 15 minutes!  It also doubles well, freezes well and is perfect if you are taking a meal to a friend.  I recently made this to go with my Chipotle Pork for a friend who just brought her baby home from the hospital.  I made both and froze them so she can serve them whenever she wants!  I hope you will make a double batch and share it with a friend too!  Enjoy!


Mexican Hominy (adapted from allrecipes.com)

2 (15.5 oz.) cans white or yellow hominy, drained (I used one of each)
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes (for more spice use Rotel tomatoes)
1 (4.5 oz.) can diced green chiles
1 t. ground cumin 
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together hominy, tomatoes, green chiles, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.  Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.  Stir in cilantro and serve!

4 servings (191 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: