Friday, July 11, 2014

Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast

I think it's time that I write a song about my slow cooker.  Or maybe I should write a poem.  I do love her so much and that's what people do when they love someone, right?  Did I just refer to my slow cooker as a person?  Yes, yes I did.  Maybe I need some help.  Nope, my slow cooker is all I need.  And it's all you need to make this tasty pork roast too!  Your slow cooker, a pork roast, a few other ingredients and a lot of love.  Love is really the key to making tasty food anyway.  Gosh, I'm rather sappy today.  Maybe it's the honey in this dish.  

Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast (adapted from sixsistersstuff.com)

1 (3 lb.) pork loin roast
1 t. salt
1 t. garlic powder
2 T. dried basil
1/3 c. honey
3 T. low sodium soy sauce
2/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. water

Place the pork roast in a 4 qt. slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  In a medium bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the pork.  Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.  Slice or shred (your choice, I shredded) and serve!  I served this with Parmesan and Swiss Roasted Cauliflower.

6 servings (397 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: