Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fiesta Salad

Are you looking for a yummy salad to take to your Labor day barbecue?  I have one for you!  I grew up eating this salad almost every time we grilled hamburgers.  It is not gourmet but it IS delicious (and nostalgic, if you're me.)  Enjoy!

Fiesta Salad (Shelly Redmond)


12 c. lettuce (romaine, iceberg, whatever you like)
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 c. shredded cheese (co/jack, cheddar, whatever you have on hand)
5 oz. Fritos corn chips
1 (15 oz.) can ranch style beans, undrained
3/4 c. bottled creamy Italian dressing

Combine all ingredients in a LARGE bowl and toss to combine.  I usually cut up the lettuce, tomatoes and onions ahead of time and assemble it right before we eat. 

10 servings (229 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: