Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dixie Pie

Are you ready for my favorite pie recipe?  I grew up eating this pie at a local (now defunct) restaurant in my area called Tippin's.  Anybody?  My family and I used to go there after church when I was a kid and we almost always saw people we knew from our church there.  Ah, those were the days!  Well, Tippin's went out of business and, while you can still buy their pies at one of our local grocery stores, I prefer to make my own!  I have this recipe written on a recipe card so I have no idea where it came from!  Be forewarned, this is NOT, I repeat, NOT a low cal recipe.  Not at all.  In fact, one piece of this pie contains more calories than I normally consume at lunch or dinner daily!  That said, you need to make it.  It needs to be on your Thanksgiving menu.  It needs a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and it must be warm when you serve it!  Enjoy!

Dixie Pie 


2 large eggs
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 frozen, deep dish pie crust
Vanilla ice cream for serving

Preheat the oven to 325.  In a large bowl beat eggs until foamy.  Add the flour, sugar and brown sugar and mix until well blended.  Blend in the melted butter.  Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.  Pour into the unbaked pie crust (no need to thaw) and bake for 1 hour.  Serve warm with ice cream on top.

8 servings (634 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com (not including ice cream) - IT CAN'T BE HELPED SO JUST ENJOY!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Middle-aged in Middle School said...

And, you have just made our Thanksgiving complete. No need for anything else that day... just THIS.

Shel said...

I love that you understand me Heather!