Monday, February 10, 2014

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Alright gluten free friends, this one is for you!  Well, really these are for everyone but these do not contain flour so my gluten free friends will appreciate them.  With only five ingredients these have quickly become some of my favorite chocolate chip cookies and I promise, the flavor is all there without a lot of the guilt!  At only 116 calories each you can afford to have a cookie in each hand!  I think these would also be delicious made with natural peanut butter but I haven't tried that yet.  Enjoy!

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from sallysbakingaddiction.com)

1 large egg, at room temperature
1 c. almond butter at room temperature
1/2 c. light brown sugar, lightly packed
1 t. baking soda
1 c. dark chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350.  Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.  In a medium bowl, whisk the egg.  Add the almond butter, brown sugar and baking soda and mix well.  Fold in the chocolate chips until well combined.  

Scoop the dough (in 1 1/2" balls) onto the prepared baking sheets and gently press the balls down with the back of a spoon.  Bake for 8-10 minutes (I bake my cookies one sheet at a time for more even baking.)  The cookies will look underbaked but they will be done.  For crispier cookies bake for 12 minutes.  Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.  

Makes 27 cookies (116 calories each) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: