Monday, August 11, 2014

Quinoa with Feta, Mint and Dried Cranberries

Last week I was making Lemon Pepper Tilapia for the second time in a week and I was searching for another quinoa side dish to serve with it.  Last time I made it I served it with this quinoa recipe and it was really good but I just wanted something a little different this time so I went searching to see what I had in my cabinets.  Now, I always have some kind of dried fruit in my pantry, feta in my fridge and I just happen to have mint growing in my backyard right now!  Out of those pantry ingredients was born this lovely little creation!  I hope you enjoy!

Quinoa with Feta, Mint and Dried Cranberries 

1 1/2 c. quinoa, cooked according to package directions and cooled
1/2 c. feta cheese crumbles
1/2 c. dried cranberries
2 T. fresh mint, chopped
1 t. salt 
1/2 t. pepper
3 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. extra virgin olive oil

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.  Serve cold or at room temperature.

6 servings (259 calories each serving) according to my calculator on loseit.com

No comments: