Friday, November 15, 2013

Thanksgiving Salad Round Up

Hello my friends! It's time for seven salads that would be great additions to your Thanksgiving table! These are all recipes that I have posted on my blog in the past, just rounded up here for your ease. I do what I can. I threw the cranberry and fig compote in here too because it didn't seem to fit anywhere else! I hope you find one that you like.  Every Thanksgiving table desperately needs a little green!

Thanksgiving Salad Round Up



Try this Simple Fall Salad for a quick fix. Make the dressing the day before and assemble the salad just before you eat. With only three ingredients in the salad it will only take a minute to prepare! This would be great with sliced pear instead of apple if you prefer.

Here's another humdinger for you. This Mixed Green Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette could be prepared ahead as well and dressed just before dinner. Make the dressing the day before and toss to combine!

For something a little out of the ordinary, try this Arugula Salad with Avocado and Tomatoes. Assemble the salad and tomatoes ahead, make the dressing ahead and chop up the avocado just before serving. The avocado coats the lettuce as you toss and makes the whole thing so creamy!





I end this post with my favorite cranberry sauce, Cranberry and Fig Compote.  Make it a day or two ahead and set it out to bring it to room temperature the day of.  Enjoy alongside your turkey or by the forkful.  




No comments: